EndNote is the Reference Management Software available to all AFBI staff.
EndNote enables you to store, manage and share large volumes of references more efficiently. In addition, the Cite While You Write plugin in Microsoft Word lets you connect your Word document to your EndNote references so that you can insert citations and bibliographies quickly and easily.
Using EndNote you can:
- build a personal database of references imported from catalogues, research databases and other sources
- organise references into groups
- manage large volumes of references required for systematic reviews
- share references with other Endnote users
- cite references when writing a paper using the Cite While You Write (CWYW) add-in for MSWord and other word processing software
- automatically format your paper and bibliography
EndNote has both a desktop and an online component. The desktop application is installed on all AFBI staff PCs. In addition, you can sync your desktop references with an online version of EndNote as well as share your references with up to 100 other EndNote users. For assistance with installing EndNote on your AFBI desktop or laptop, please use the AFBI IT request system via the AFBI Intranet.
The AFBI Library provides support and training on all aspects of using EndNote. Regular training sessions on EndNote are available via the Library Training Programme. In addition, the Library offers one-to-one training on using EndNote and Cite While You Write. We can also visit your desk for troubleshooting and advice regarding EndNote.
Guides provided by Clarivate:
Quick reference guide for working with EndNote X9 on Windows (PDF)
The EndNote X9 Guided Tour: Windows - a step-by-step tutorial in using the basics of EndNote X9 (PDF)
The video tutorial below is an excellent introduction to using EndNote:
For further help on EndNote, please consult our EndNote FAQs or contact your Specialist Librarian